The Sedona Dog Park was designed by Rick Wesselhoff and John Lupo after consulting most of the managers/ cities with Dog Parks in Arizona. Our location and park size was dictated, so we needed to make the best use of the property owned by the city of Sedona and leased to the Sedona Dog Park. The most important feature that we needed in Sedona was shade for the summer months and a low maintenance landscaping. Many alternatives were researched before we chose to work with Skyline Steel in the valley to design and install our shade structure. Most AZ dogparks complained that the majority of their time, money and upkeep was trying to keep grass in the parks. We decided to forego this option to save on water and maintenance dollars and time.
Sedona Dog Park Rules
- Dog park use is at your own risk
- Hours of operation – April 1st – Oct 1st 6am-8pm , Oct. 1st – April 1st 7am – 7pm
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and city license
- All owners must clean up after dog.
- non-neutered males and females in heat not permitted
- Excessive barking not permitted – City of Sedona, Article 9-4-10E
- Owners must be with dogs at all times
- Dogs must be collared
- Dogs must be on a leash coming in and out of park
- Dog treats not permitted
- Children under 12 not permitted unless accompanied by an adult. Infants and toddlers not recommended
- No glass containers or alcohol in park
- Weapons of any kind not permitted
- Smoking not permitted
- Park in designated areas only – no West Sedona School parking please!
- Sedona Animal Control phone (Dispatch) 928.282.3100, 928.203.5009 for emergencies
“Per City Code of the City of Sedona, Article 9-4-10e: Dogs may not bark, howl or make any other noises for more than five (5) minutes if continuous or more than fifteen (15) minutes if intermittent.
“ Aggressive dogs are not permitted on premises. Dogs
must be removed at the first signs of aggression ”